Sunday, March 31, 2013

I'm Baaaaack....to Blogging

Hello to all of you who might still find this.

I want to try and blog again. A lot has changed in my life and it is still changing constantly. There is a lot to update on and I might not reach it all, but I hope to get this long huge post out of the way and then have smaller quick blurbs as I go along.

1. I am no longer in counseling. I do not think I am perfect or "fixed", but I feel like I have gotten all I can get from counseling. She has given me all the tools I think I need, I finally have a good and solid support system, and though I may have my downs, I don't stay down when I have them. I think I'm ready to tough it on my own and I think I will succeed.

2. I moved out of my apartment with Sara and into Jem's apartment. There is a lot of good to this and there are only 2 downsides. The first downside is that I am definitely downgrading apartments. My apartment with Sara is much nicer, but I can live with that. The other downside is people's perception of me. I am okay with this. If people think I am living in sin, let them think that. People should know me better than that. Someone even made the remark that if I was moving in with him, it meant that I was selling myself to him. You people are crazy. I grew up different than most Christians. I know what I am doing. I have my boundaries and I am sticking to them. If you assume differently, that is all you. The many positives that come with this severely outweigh the perception of a downside. When Sara and I hang out, we won't be doing roommate things anymore. My cost of living is more than cut in half. I continue to have an amazing support system, and there are more, but it's late and my brain is tired.

3. I started a new lifestyle change called Take Shape For Life. I will be blogging a LOT more about this. If you want to know more statistical information and information about how this works, e-mail my coach at sarahflake@gmail.com and she will tell you all about it. Just tell her I sent you and we will both get perks.

My doctor actually suggested this plan for me and it is a meal replacement plan with a hint of me making my own food. I have 5 meal replacements and one Lean and Green meal. I will be blogging more about this as I go along. I took before pictures so I can take pictures along the road and at the end to compare. Here are the fully clothed ones (one person has the partially unclothed ones on accident, e-mail embarrassment ftw XD)


These are intentionally taken on a straight angle so you can see me in all my fatty glory XD I hate posting these, but these are part of my motivation. I will lose weight and I will do it right!

Now, onto how the plan is going. I just finished day 2. Supposedly the first three days make or break the plan. I will be my grumpiest tomorrow. Today I got really lightheaded and a big headache. After talking to Sarah we figured it is because I am not drinking enough water. Jem is going to help me drink more water at work and make sure I drink enough. Usually water isn't my downfall, but when I am hanging out with people, I just forget. I hope to get better at this. So far only one of the meal replacements has tasted bad, and they will let me send it back for a different meal at no additional charge. It's so awesome!

I will keep you all posted on how this is going. Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Samantha! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Congrats on everything and ignore the naysayers. :)

    ReplyDelete